"I am trying to check my habits of seeing, to counter them for the sake of greater freshness. I am trying to be unfamiliar with what I'm doing." - John Cage


Thursday, April 2, 2020

#3 Physical Distancing Prompt: That time I was grabbed up by a tornado...

Today's prompt comes from an inspiring poet and teacher Peggy Dobreer I just recently met through a salon via Zoom curated by Chad Sweeney. I am so grateful for these new opportunities to connect with poets I've met, known, admired, and read, that live farther away, that I usually only see at conferences. She is a workshop leader, poet, author, editor, and Artist - in - Residence at the new Silver Park Arts in LA.


You can read my response to this prompt in the comments section - if you want to share some of your own response in the comments, it would be a gift.

Set a timer for ten minutes, and begin writing, do not let your hand stop, and do not hold to an agenda for subject matter, starting with this line:
  • That time I was grabbed up by a tornado...

2 comments:

Karen A. Terrey said...

Boat by Karen A. Terrey

That time I was grabbed up by a tornado
I called back down just before
the wind and my hair and all the rest,
“Don’t wait for me!”
I spun up so fast the breath pulled out
of my lungs and I wondered how
I was backwards-gasping
yet still conscious.

When these things happen to you
know you need to not be scared
until later, that now at this time you need
to keep present of how you are balancing
over the bow of the boat, how your hands
remain gripping the bowline,
how to press up
with your arms to stay inside.

3/30/20

Andrea Robertson said...

He is no scam,i tested him and he delivered a good job,he helped me settle bank loans,he also helped my son upgrade his scores at high school final year which made him graduate successfully and he gave my son free scholarship into the college,all i had to do was to settle the bills for the tools on the job,i used $500 to get a job of over $50000 done all thanks to Walt,he saved me from all my troubles,sharing this is how i can show gratitude in return for all he has done for me and my family

Gmail; Brillianthackers800@gmail.com
Whatsapp number; +1(224)2140835