"I am trying to check my habits of seeing, to counter them for the sake of greater freshness. I am trying to be unfamiliar with what I'm doing." - John Cage


Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Four Free Arts, Music & Literary community events in Truckee 9/10 - 9/13, 2026

Many poets and writers are participating in these events so go to the website links and posters attached for more details. So much opportunity to gather creatively and inspire each other for making and creating in our world. I hope to see you out and about!


Thursday 9/10 Tangled Roots Open Mic & Reading Series at Alibi Truckee 6-7:30 pm. 
  • Join us for a community open mic for poetry, prose, and singersongwriters. Our featured reader opens the open mic with a special reading from her debut novel Whalespeak that was released just September 4th! Author Liz Collins of Nevada City.  https://www.facebook.com/events/2282670338937709/

 
Friday 10:30 am - Noon Truckee Library Moments for Memoirs. This writing workshop is open to all. 
  • Truckee Library's beloved writer’s program, Moments for Memoirs, is back after a summer break! Join us in the Donner Room for a workshop and write about stories from your life.   Nevada County Poet Laureate Karen Terrey returns to lead these engaging memoir‑writing sessions, guiding participants in capturing meaningful memories through writing. We look forward to welcoming both new and returning writers!

Saturday 9/12 10 am - Noon Mountain Bounty Farm, Nevada City
Poetry reading and writing workshop with Ingrid Keriotis, Rooja Hoasessey, and Karen Terrey. Join us under the hundreds year old Oak at the top of the ridge! 

Sunday, 9/13 1-5 pm Glenshire Porchfest
  • I’ll be performing poems along with many other poets and storytellers at the Glenshire Porchfest this Sunday! Over 18 bands, a plethora of poets and storytellers from all over our region, plus food trucks and face painting in Truckee's Glenshire neighborhood.  Free event full of local musicians, food, and wares. More info at glenshireporchfest.com

No comments: