"I am trying to check my habits of seeing, to counter them for the sake of greater freshness. I am trying to be unfamiliar with what I'm doing." - John Cage


Monday, March 30, 2020

#1 Physical Distancing Prompt: "Sitting together in the dark"

“There’s a beautiful Inuit word “qarrtsiluni.” It means, “sitting together in the dark, waiting for something to happen.” I’m happy to have that be my new bio.” – Teju Cole



If you want to listen to the interview, here it is OnBeing with  Krista Tippett.

Here's a writing prompt if you want: What word would you choose for your bio today? Can you find a word in another language? Look it up in a dictionary, a synonym finder, and research its etymology as well. What have you discovered? Share your explorations in the comments to my blog!

No comments: