"I am trying to check my habits of seeing, to counter them for the sake of greater freshness. I am trying to be unfamiliar with what I'm doing." - John Cage


Friday, August 31, 2018

New workshop series starts 9/10! Monday Night Creative Writing Workshop

9/10 - 10/15:  Monday Night Creative Writing Workshop 

Starting up again this fall! A fun and generative workshop for artists, beginners, and experienced writers. Do you wish you wrote more? Want to feel a sense of community when you write? Want to start a book or finish a book! This series specifically supports Nanowrimo participants! Craft, technique, and prompts for fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. A kick in the butt for your writing life! Connect with a community and improve your writing practice. Tea and chocolate provided. 6 week series Mondays from 6:00 to 8 pm. $150. Downtown Truckee. 

I decided to take a writing class by Karen Terrey through Tangled Roots Writing as a last attempt to gain the upper hand over Writer's Block. And to my surprise, she gave me more gun powder than I could have ever expected. Through her class, I was able to write some of my favorite scenes for a trilogy I'm writing and since taking her class, I'm back on a normal writing schedule. I'm very thankful for Kat and her dedication to writing. - Courtney

Thank you so much for the wonderful writing experiences.  I came home Monday night and told my husband how much I absolutely love and value your classes, your prompts, your insight and how taking your classes has really helped me in trying to move my writing beyond the hobby level. - Liz

The Monday Night Writing classes are fabulous. - Clare

3 comments:

BroddyAdams said...

This web site is mostly a walk-through for the entire info you wished about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll undoubtedly discover it.Clinically Oriented Anatomy test bank & solutions manual

Danny said...

Writers can be very beneficial from the different writing workshops. They can know about new things always. They can get new plots and ideas by attaining them. They can continue writing a book and choose an online platform to publish it by self-publishers.

Anonymous said...

amazing website , great informations shared here , i love this website , will be back soon again to read new articles , keep it UP UP UP assurance test bank