Nevada County Arts Council will present its 3rd Annual Sierra Poetry Festival on April 27, 2019 at Sierra College in Grass Valley, attended by some of our most exciting local, national and international poets and performers. Opportunities to join our family of benefactors are now available.
Sierra Poetry Festival encourages both a strong local presence and international and universal themes. Each year we choose a special anchor for these themes. For 2019 our anchor point is Breath and Shadow, breath indicating the ebb and flow of nature and the seasons, and shadow being symbolic of our ephemeral existence and self-reflection.
At the literaryvendor fair, Poetry Place, you can present your business, books, activities, and other materials related to the themes and values of the event. Our theme is Breath and Shadow and this is open to your interpretation, and we encourage you to have fun with it. Poetry Place will be open to festival goers from 9am–3pm on Saturday, April 27.
The cost for an all-day vendor space is $45. Preference is given to vendors with interactive activities.
What we offer exhibitors: An excellent location at the heart of our festival, The Gym flanks the Multi-Purpose room, where our mainstage readings take place:
- A 6x3 foot banquet table or round table (If a round configuration works for your activity, please let us know)
- Free listing in the Sierra Poetry Festival Program (500 printed copies + unlimited online)
- 10% advertising discount in our Sierra Poetry Festival Program (500 printed copies + unlimited online)
- The opportunity to donate an item/s or premium for our Swag Bag. This is an excellent promotional tool and ensures that your products reach upwards of 200 festival goers
- Opportunities to sponsor the Sierra Poetry Festival. This will support Poet Leaders as well as attendance by young people via student scholarships.
In addition to its mainstage event, Sierra Poetry Festival marks National Poetry Month from the rolling foothills of California’s Gold Country to the rugged High Sierra, bringing our rich literary community together to celebrate the spoken word and reach out to brand new audiences in fresh ways. Readings, workshops, music, an activity fair for all ages and youth performances will be preceded by a month of pre-festival pop-up poetry events.