"I am trying to check my habits of seeing, to counter them for the sake of greater freshness. I am trying to be unfamiliar with what I'm doing." - John Cage


Monday, January 8, 2018

New Monday Night Creative Writing Workshop series and Revision and Development Workshop series start this month!


It's never too late to start what you didn't start yesterday. 

The newest Monday Night Creative Writing Workshop series and Revision and Development Workshop series start this month.  Let's take advantage of the introspective darkness of winter to stoke creative fires within:

1/12, 2/15, 3/15, 4/19, 5/17 Revision and Development Writing Workshop for Fiction and Memoir:
Attention Nanowrimo-ers! This workshop is deadline- and goal-oriented to help you complete the next draft of a project for publication. In this small workshop, the goal is to revise your first draft by pushing further to the next level, strengthening your writing skills, and simultaneously exploring meaning in your writing. You will get professional feedback for developing the heart of the subject as well as the structure and organization of your project. Learn techniques to creatively unearth what really matters so that your writing stands out as surprising and original to an editor. We will meet to workshop from 5-8 pm on the third Thursdays of each month. Expect readings and deadlines to keep you accountable and move your writing forward. $220 for four months. 5-8 pm.

I decided to take a writing class by Karen Terrey through Tangled Roots Writing as a last attempt to gain the upper hand over Writer's Block. And to my surprise, she gave me more gun powder than I could have ever expected. Through her class, I was able to write some of my favorite scenes for a trilogy I'm writing and since taking her class, I'm back on a normal writing schedule. I'm very thankful for Kat and her dedication to writing. - Courtney

1/22 - 3/5  Monday Night Creative Writing Workshop:  
A fun and generative workshop. Do you wish you wrote more? Want to feel a sense of community when you write? Do you have a neglected blog crying out for fresh ideas? Want to explore ideas for beginning or finishing a book? This series specifically supports Nanowrimo participants! Craft, technique, and prompts for fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. A kick in the butt for your writing life! Connect with a community and improve your writing practice. Tea and chocolate provided. 6 week series Mondays from 6:30 to 8 pm. $150. Downtown Truckee.

Thank you so much for the wonderful writing experiences.  I came home Monday night and told my husband how much I absolutely love and value your classes, your prompts, your insight and how taking your classes has really helped me in trying to move my writing beyond the hobby level. - Liz

Call me anytime to talk about your writing and to discover ways to find and connect with writing communities. 

Happy New Year!
Karen

No comments: