"I am trying to check my habits of seeing, to counter them for the sake of greater freshness. I am trying to be unfamiliar with what I'm doing." - John Cage


Friday, November 2, 2012

30 poems in 30 days: Day Two Writing Prompt


Writing without Guilt
 One morning as I brushed my teeth, a spider crawled out of the drain.  It's long legs were almost furry.  I turned on the water, spit out my toothpaste, and watched the spider spin down the drain.  After I dried my face, I turned back to the mirror, and there was the spider, crawling up the sink.  I turned on the faucet again.  His legs curled under him in the universal sign of dead spider as he washed away.  What happened? A few minutes later, the spider appeared in the sink.  What did I do?   I turned on the water again. 

Write about something that you have killed, and do not include any guilt in your story.

No comments: