"I am trying to check my habits of seeing, to counter them for the sake of greater freshness. I am trying to be unfamiliar with what I'm doing." - John Cage


Tuesday, November 13, 2012

30 Poems in 30 Days: Day Thirteen Prompt


 Risk

"And the day came when the risk
to remain tight in a bud was more
painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin 



What does the word risk mean to you?  How do we risk in our writing?  What do we risk?  How do we risk in living?

Freewrite on something that you did that broke some kind of taboo– exposing yourself in some way, whether you ended up being exposed or not.  You risked something: your reputation, your job, your relationship, your integrity, or someone else’s integrity. Or write about someone else but use first person point of view (the "I").

No comments: